Friday, December 7, 2012

Gradient Tutorial

Hello everyone!

I have a quick gradient tutorial I would like to share with you today. I posted pictures of my nail on Instagram and one of my friends wanted to know how I did them. I created a short tutorial that I posted on Instagram and thought I'd share here also.

Materials:
Two or more polishes (I used two, but you can use as many colors as you'd like)
Piece of a make up sponge (I used about 1/4 of the sponge since you don't need much.)
Glitter Polish (optional)
Base&Top Coat


Step 1. Paint nail with base coat and the polish color you'd like at the base of the nail & let dry for a few mins. It doesn't need to be completely dry. 
Step 2. Paint the polish you'd like for your gradient onto makeup sponge. I used two colors for my gradient, but you can use as many as you'd like. 
Step 3. Dab the sponge up the nail (towards cuticles.) You may need to repeat step 2&3 until you get your desired effect.
Step 4. Top off with glitter, or just top coat to smooth out nail. 


I hope the tutorial was pretty easy to follow. This was my first time creating a tutorial. It's a lot harder to explain then I thought it'd be. 

By the way, I used Barielle Do Unto Others, Icing Chartruesly Yours, and Nails Inc Electric Lane (holographic topcoat).


No comments:

Post a Comment